4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onions, quartered
2 (4 pound) whole chickens
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove and discard giblets from chicken.
- Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture.
- Place one onion into the cavity of each chicken.
- Place chickens in a resalable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Place chickens in a roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.