Rasmalai recipe is a well made that will melt in your mouth. Rasgulla discs soaked in sweetened saffron flavoured milk.Rasmalai is the dumplings made from milk powder, egg and Flour. Try our quick and easy recipe of this popular dessert without chesse.
2 lbs ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sugar
32 oz half & half milk
A pinch of saffron
1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
1/2 cup blanched almonds
2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
Preparation of ras malai:
- Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread out on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until it sets. It should not get brown.
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2″ squares.
- Place them in a dessert bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a separate dish and pour over the squares.
- Decorate the rasmalai with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.click here to read another rasmalai recipe