You will be surprised how light and tasty this kulfi is.
Makes 30 kulfis.
3 ltrs milk
150 gms sugar
1 can (400 grams) condensed milk
2 pinches of citric acid (nimbu ka phool)
1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Put the milk to boil and reduce the volume to three-quarters. Add the sugar and boil again for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide into 2 equal parts and keep aside one part. On the other part, sprinkle 1 pinch citric acid.
- The milk will curdle after a little while. If it does not curdle, add the remaining pinch of citric acid.
- Beat up the mixture immediately with an egg beater.
- Add the condensed milk, the remaining boiled milk and the cardamom powder and mix thoroughly. Pour into kulfi moulds and set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator, dip the moulds into the water, open and slip out the kulfi. Cut into pieces and serve