khoya recipe Ingredients:
5 cups Milk
Juice of 2 lemons(optional)
- Bring the Milk to boil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking at simmering point. Keep stirring so that milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- As milk gets thicker stir more vigorously. The khoya is cooked when the milk is reduced to a thick, dry lump and it has stopped sizzling.
- Remove from the pan and leave it to cool. Use within fortnight.
- For more stylish khoya add lemon juice after the milk has boiled so that the milk coagulates. Then proceed as before. This type of khoya is particularly used for Burfi.