Gajar ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa (Hindi : गाजर का हलवा, Urdu / Punjabi : گاجر کا حلوە) ( sometimes known as gajrela ) is a sweet dessert pudding associated mainly with the North India and Pakistan. It is made by placing grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios.The nuts and other items used are first sautéed in ghee, a South Asian clarified butter.
It is a famous dessert which is favorite all over Northern India and Pakistan.It is traditionally eaten during all of the festivals in India, mainly on the occasion of Diwali, Holi, Eid al-Fitr and Raksha Bandhan.
Gajar Ka Halwa is served hot during the winter.
Now Gajar Ka Halwa is a popular worldwide dessert with many variations such as Red Velvet Halwa, Carrot and Beetroot Halwa, and Cheesy Carrot Halwa.
Carrots 5 kg.
Milk 3 Liters.
Sugar 2-3 cups or to taste.
Ghee 250 grams.
Choti Illaichi (Small Cardamom) 12. Khoya (dried milk) 500 grams.
Almonds (Badaam) 125 grams.
Walnut (Akhrote) 125 grams.
Pistachio (pista) 125 grams.
Warqe Chandi (Silver Foil)
- Peel, wash & grate carrots in a food processor.
- In a deep pan, put carrots & milk together on medium heat, stir well.
- When the milk is dried up add sugar to taste.
- Heat until the sugar’s water is dried up & carrots become more reddish.
- In another pan, heat the ghee & put choti illaichi and khoya and fry well.
- Add carrots & half amount of grated almonds, walnut & pistachios to the khoya pan and fry well.
- Remove from stove and put in a transparent dish.
- Cover with silver foil and garnish with the remaining almonds, walnut & pistachios.