Date Fruit benefits:
1. Treats Anemia: Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that help avoid tooth decay.
2. Energy Booster: Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
3.Prevents abdominal cancer: It is high in natural antioxidants which helps in preventing development of some colonic cancers. It does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural.
4. Improves eyesight: It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
5. Improves digestive system: it contains different kinds of amino acids as well as soluble and insoluble fibers which help regulate the digestive system.
6. Lowers cholesterol: Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. They rich in minerals and vitamins.
7. Constipation: it helps people suffering from constipation, all you need to do is soak dates overnight and eat them in the morning along with drinking water.
8. Fiber: helps lower the risk of diabetes and heart disease as well as regulate bowel movement.
9. Maintains healthy cardiovascular system: Rich in potassium and low in sodium, this helps regulate a healthy nervous system and can reduce risk of stroke.
10. Strengthens tooth enamel: Dry fruits contain fluorine, which is an essential mineral to slow down the process of early tooth decay.
Date Fruit Recipes
- 3 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon of grounded black seeds with cardamom
- 1/2 kg of date paste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the entire ingredients except the dates. Beat in until well blended. Put half of this mixture on a plate and put the date paste on it. Then put the other half of the mixture on top.
- 3. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 4. Slice before cooling.
Saweeq with Tamr
- 3 cup roasted and grounded millet
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 kg of Khalas Qassim dates without the seeds
- 1. Knead with hands until the entire ingredient (the millet, the ghee and the dates) is thoroughly blended. Travelers used to take this mix with them to survive in the desert.
- 3 teaspoon wheat flour
- 3 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 20 Khalas Qassim dates without the seeds
- 3 cups of milk
- 1. Put the ghee or the butter in a Tefal pot on stove and heat it.
- 2. Then add the dates until the dates become very soft.
- 3. Then add the wheat flour gradually whilst stiring at the same time until it is fully mixed with the dates.
- 4. At this stage you should add the milk and you should continue stiring the mix for 10 minutes.
- 5. You can serve it hot or cold as a great breakfast.
Date Fruit Juice
- 1 cup of chopped Khalas Qassim dates without the seeds
- 3 cups of milk
- 1. Combine milk and dates in a blender and puree. You can add ice cream or frozen yogurt, mix until smooth, also you can add chocolate syrup or your favorite flavor.