Here is the recipe of the delicious Chicken Tacos recipe. A few weeks ago, I shared the recipe of the Paneer Tacos. So, if you are a vegetarian, waste no time and check out the Paneer Tacos Recipe.
Everyone else, check this one out, It’s delicious. I had specially prepared for the blog as a request from one of our readers. The filling is heavenly in taste, I’ve already got a few ideas to work on using this filling. But for now, you can enjoy the Chicken Tacos.
You will find the step by step process of preparing Chicken Tacos below. I hope you are going to love it.
Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
Ingredients for Chicken Marinating:
|Chicken (Boneless)||2 cup|
|Chickpea flour||2 tbsp|
|Red chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ginger-garlic paste||1 teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for Tacos:
|All purpose flour||2 cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp plus for deep frying|
|Salt||to taste or 1/2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for toppings or salad dressing:
|Soy sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Spring onion||2 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Chili sauce||for garnish|
|Italian seasoning||for garnish|
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients mentioned in the table above ” Ingredients for chicken marinating ” and mix it well. Keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat the pan with 2 tbsp oil and add chicken along with the marination. Cook it on a low flame till the chicken cooked properly. Keep it aside.
3. Now prepare the tacos. Sieve the flour and salt in a broad bowl. Add vegetable oil, mix it well. Add water and knead the flour well to make soft and pliable dough.
4. Cover the dough with muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 7-8 equal parts. Take one portion of the dough and roll it using a rolling pin like a chapatti.
6. Prick it with the fork so it won’t puff while frying. Now take rolling pin and fold the chapatti in a tacos shape as shown below in the image. You can also use glass to fold the chapatti.
7. Put the rolling pin along with the chapatti on the tawa for a few seconds so that the outer part of the chapati gets crispy.
8. Then remove the chapatti from the rolling pin very carefully. Heat another wok with oil and deep fry the tacos on low flame till golden and crisp from the outer sides. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
9. Heat another wok with oil and add onion. Fry it till translucent in color.
10. Add thinly sliced cabbage and capsicum. Stir fry on high flame for one minute.
11. Then add carrot, soy sauce, pepper powder, vinegar and salt. Fry it on high flame for another one minute. Switch off the flame. keep it aside for dressing in the tacos.
12. Take the tacos in a serving plate, put 3 tablespoon salad dressing, then put some fried chicken cubes.
13. Sprinkle some all purpose seasoning and chilli sauce. Finally, garnish with some more salad. Delicious Chicken tacos are ready to serve.