Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe:
Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe – This recipe is just as soft and tender as it sounds. Malai Tikka is a cross between traditional tikka and malai boti that you will not get enough of! Murgh Malai Tikkas are bite-sized pieces of meat (mutton, beef or chicken) that is cooked in a creamy marinating paste that consists of yoghurt, cheese, ginger, garlic and chili. This paste creates the perfect blend of flavors that will excite your taste buds to much extend! The marinating is processed in two ways; first the meat is dipped in vinegar, garlic and ginger which helps to tenderize the meat pieces and then it is dipped in the creamy mixture.
Malai tikka recipe is an easy meal that is perfect for the week-end dinners. The best part is that boneless chicken thighs cook easily and quickly rather than the ones with bones. You ca garnish the dish with a pinch of garam masala and chaat masala and serve it with green chutney or the chutney of your choice along with hot naan.
- 800g boneless chicken, cubes 800 gm
- 1⁄4cup cheddar cheese, grated 1/4 cup
- 4teaspoons coriander leaves, chopped 4 tsp
- 1tablespoon cornflour, 1 tbs
- 1⁄2cup cream, 1/2 cup
- 1egg, 1
- 7teaspoons garlic paste, 7 tsp
- 3tablespoons ginger paste, 3 tbs
- 8green chilies, chopped fine 8
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground mace, 1/2 tsp (javitri)
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp (jaiphal)
- oil, for basting
- 1teaspoon white pepper powder, 1 tsp
- Mix the ginger and garlic pastes, white pepper powder and salt.
- Rub mixture onto the chicken pieces. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Beat together egg, cheese, green chillies, coriander, cream, mace, nutmeg and cornflour and rub chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Keep aside for 3 hours.
- String together chicken pieces on a skewer an inch apart.
- Roast on a charcoal grill for 5 minutes or in a preheated oven at 275ºF for 7 minutes.
- Hang skewers for 5-7 minutes to let excess moisture drip off.
- Brush with oil and roast again for 3 minutes.