Chicken Korma Recipe – It’s a royal, creamy, and spicy dish. It draws its origin back into the time of ancient Mughal rule. Chicken korma recipe is a dish belonging to the Indian subcontinent and the dish was first made in the kitchen of Mughal emperor Akbar. The dish has a very rich, spicy taste. Chicken korma recipe is made by marinating chicken with yogurt and other spices like red chili, cardamom powder, salt, turmeric and the gravy is prepared with fried onion and yogurt, almonds and roasted cashews are also added after the preparation to double the taste and flavor. Chicken Korma recipe can be served with Naan, Chapatti, along with Salad and Raita as a full course meal. Chicken Korma recipe is a compulsory item in the menu of almost every Pakistani restaurant.
Preparation Time : 15 Minutes
Cooking Time :15 Minutes
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Cumin Seeds||2 teaspoon|
|Pepper corn||1/4 teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||a small pinch|
|Mace||a small pinch|
|Coconut grated||3 teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
1. Wash chicken with the help of lemon and keep aside. Heat the oil in a pan , add chopped onion, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Fry onion until golden brown.
2. Now add Chicken and fry it on medium heat for 6-7 minutes. Grind ginger and garlic together, add ginger and garlic paste into chicken and fry it on slow heat for another 7 minutes and keep aside.
Note : Don’t fry chicken on high heat otherwise it would have a bad smell )
3. Now take ingredients as shown below and grind in a mixer to make smooth paste. Heat the oil in other pan , add grind paste and chopped tomato.
4. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Fry it on medium heat until oil shows separately as shown below in picture.
5. Now the gravy is ready, mix this gravy in fried chicken and add 3 cup of water. .
6. Cook covered on medium heat for 5 minutes. Serve hot with matar pulav or Naan/chapattis.