Ginger root – 1 inch
Tamarind – 100 grams
Jaggery – 100 grams
Salt – 3-4 tablespoons
Green Chilies – 100 grams
Garlic cloves – 8-10
Mustard seeds – ½ tablespoon
Cumin seeds – ½ tablespoon
White split urad dal – ½ tablespoon
Curry leaves – few
Oil as required
1. Heat a bowl with 2 cups of water. When water is boiling, add tamarind and switch off the flame. Leave it for at least 3-4 hours until it soaked well.
2. Take a blender, add chopped ginger root, garlic cloves and required salt. Blend it well. Then, add green chilies and blend it well again. Then, add soaked tamarind and jaggery. Blend it well again. Check the taste to add any ingredients. It should be spicy, sweet and salt. Keep it aside.
3. Heat a pan with 8-10 tablespoons of oil. When oil heated, add ½ tablespoon mustard seeds. When they start splitting, add ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, ½ tablespoon urad dal, 3-4 broken dry red chilies, 4-5 crushed garlic cloves and few curry leaves. Then, add blended content to pan. Stir it well for 3-4 minutes. After, it absorbs all oil and changes its color. Switch off the flame.
4. Now the delicious Ginger Chutney is ready to serve.
5. Serve it as it is otherwise add little milk or milk cream and serve it with different breakfast recipes like vada, idli, dosa etc.
6. Store it in a air-tight container to store more number of days. Store it in a refrigerator to store it for 1 month. Use it whenever required.
* You can increase or decrease ingredients depends on you taste.